MMD With Latex Including Support Files & Calling from LaTex

laefsky

06 Sep, 2017 07:18 AM

Subject: Further Problems & Fixes With MMD Files in Latex

Mr. Penney:

I tried importing a mmdfoo.txt file in scrivener and then compiling to latex this produced a “package”/subdirectory under scrivener which when I chose the main Original.filename.tex in TeXmaker
Compiled to a valid PDF yet when I try the file converted under “RAW” mmd to latex it fails as missing several definitions. How to I need to reference the latex support files under mmd6 to have a valid TeX document produced like under Scrivener?

Many Thanks –
Ira
[email blocked]

Subject: Is there Some Trick to Using MM6*.tex filesRE: Latex Settings and Document Class in Windows/ Versus Scrivener MMD

Mr. Penney could the problems I’m noting with Latex Output from mmd be because I am not including or calling the mmd6*.tex files?

Thanks –Ira
Subject: Latex Settings and Document Class in Windows/ Versus Scrivener MMD

Mr. Penney: Thank you for your excellent software. I have a question about its use with LaTex in Windows 10. I am happily using MMD in Scrivener to “compile” LaTeX output. When I create “foo.tex” files with standalone multimarkdown from the Command Line Shell in Windows 10 (incidently I had a problem with spurious characters when writing a “foo..tex” file in Powershell) I use the input line multimarkdown -t latex foo.txt > foo.tex.

When I attempt to create a latexpdf document with texmaker and texlive I get errors associated with missing items like documentclass{article) /document begin use of /href{} rather than /url() and associated with footnotes with url links. Is there some helper or class files I should be using with latex to accommodate mmd ‘s tex output? I am using multimarkdown 5.4 and windows 10 wwith texlive and texmaker.

If there is any diagnostic information you require to help with this problem just let me know and I will try to collect it from my system. As I have already stated scrivener for windows compiles vaslid LaTex files but I would want to use MMD input and markup/down.

Many Thanks

--Ira

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac